Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thoughts 4 my Thursday

I am not a rich man, I do not look like a body builder, I don't drive a fast car. I don't make the first move, and I don't know how, or where to go to party.

I do know how to love. I know how to be loyal, faithful, and true. I know how to tell you your beautiful, and truly mean it. I know how to listen, and how to be supportive. I know how to put you above myself. I know how to be understanding. I know that I am the "Nice Guy", and

that I will always finish last.
Riley Scott-02

But don’t we always save the best for Last? (edited 05 the week after I met my wife)


This was a little saying I wrote to appease my creative writing teacher during "free writng time" one day. I had a broken heart at the time, and this is what came out. I actually kept it, and would read it every now and then. I don't know why, it always seemed depressing, yet accurate. Maybe I kept it so I could see how much I had grown 3 years later when I edited it, and finally finished it.

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME....and you know what its ok if ya finish last...as long as you finish...and from what Ive seen being that "nice guy" that finished last...has made you a very happy man in the end and thats all that really matters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats really moving, and real women want a nice guy, and i know your wife will agree with me on that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you view that piece much like I view my blog. Four & a half years into it, I love that I can see how much I've grown & evolved. Some parts of it are raw & painful, but that's how life goes. I think we appreciate its blessings more when we've felt heartache too.

    ReplyDelete