So I've been doing the 30 day challenge all month long, and have stuck with it pretty consistently. I've only missed three days where I was supposed to work out. The first was the day I had a really bad stomach ache from constipation, and could barely move. The last two were father's day and yesterday. Father's day was due to traveling to the 2 different father's houses. After leaving my Father-in-law's house, I was wiped. Surprising how hard it is to make small talk with people whom you have no common interests with. After that, I just wasn't into to doing much of anything, and even went to bed relatively early. Yesterday I woke up with a bad cold, a scratchy throat, and just a general bad feeling of yuck. I'm a little better today, at least I have more energy anyway. I'm not sure whether I should push myself and workout, or just wait till Wednesday. I guess I'll see how I feel. The main factor is that I don't want to be sick for my vacation next week. We are planning a trip to Great Adventure, and I am really looking forward to it.
The good news is that when I weighed myself on Saturday, I had lost 5 pounds. I had officially gotten down to 290lbs. However, my diet since then has been horrible. My wife went to the city with her mom and sister on Saturday, so being the non-cook that I am, I ordered pizza. Now it was thin crust, and it had peppers on it, but I ate more then my fair share, which was stupid of me. But hey, I like pizza! Then, when my wife got home, we wanted to test out the new whisk I'd bought last week.
Isn't it cool looking?
So this led to making Brownies. Now I didn't have alot, but I did have 2 pieces. I know I should be watching stuff like this, but honestly, a chocolate boost was exactly what I needed this weekend as i was feeling slightly down. Add in a big breakfast over at my mom's house, the leftover pizza for sunday dinner, and Taco bell for Dinner last night, and I pretty sure i just negated all my effort for the last two weeks. Could be wrong, but the worst part is that this is my diet, and it's not going to change. My wife can't cook the healthy stuff all the time, and frankly, we can't afford the healthy stuff. Honestly, the two weeks we tried the south beach diet earlier in the summer were the most expensive grocery trips of the year. It's just not sustainable. Anyway, sorry to ramble, so the exercise is going good, but I need to get back into it within the next two days.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Exercise Update/regular update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment