My first Favorite Movie, and my first favorite Song combined in one great You Tube Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
It was the Spring of 1986, I was 5, and Back to the Future premiered on NBC. My Mother and Father taped it, so they could watch it later. Little did they know what they had just done. For later generations it would be Barney (thank the fates I was born early enough to avoid that). For my nieces and nephew, it's Blue Clues and Dora the explorer. Now while I definitely had my Sesame Street phase, by 5 I had mostly outgrown it. I mean there are only so many times you can learn about the number 2 and the letter B, and unlike most of it's viewers my little 5 year old sponge actually retained pretty much everything I was taught. However, that summer I watched Back to the Future so many times, that the beginning part of the VHS tape tore, and for the remainder of the tapes life, which lasted until 2003 when I got the DVDs the first 5 minutes were unwatchable.
The film still holds a special place in my heart, and is on my top 5 list of best films of all time at number 3.
The "Power of Love" by Huey Lewis was the first song I ever recorded for myself. It was off the movie, and recorded to a He-man themed turquoise cassette recorded, which I then proceeded to jury rig onto my bike with training wheels and ride around the block while listening to it. I would have gone farther, but I wasn't allowed to cross the street yet.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Favorites 4 my Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

great movie and song!!!! oh man now that song is going to be going thru my mind all day!!!!
ReplyDeleteI remember when that movie came out. It really is one of the best.
ReplyDeletemy kids still watch that movie, it was way ahead of its time really, although looking back, it has some inconsistencies i never noticed then...i guess i was a teen just mooning over MJ Fox back then lol!
ReplyDelete