Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bright eyed and bushy tailed

I had the oddest occurrence this morning. For the first time since my vacation, I slept a clean 8 hours without interruption. I even woke up 5 minutes before the alarm clock on my own! This must be what those strange "morning bird" people feel like. Anyway, I chock it up to having almost no sleep the night before, and my wife being in the mood. The combo just kinda knocked me out at 11 o clock for the first time in I don't know how long.

My body however, seems to think that I'm running late, not used to getting 8 full hours of sleep, and keeps trying to make up time, or at least that's how I feel. For example, I had to go to the bathroom before leaving the house, when I usually do so once I get to work. Even though I had breakfast I was hungry like a hour and a half before lunch. Very odd. But I'm well-rested, and alert, which says something for this 8 hour thing, not that I think it will become a regular habit or anything.

Course....my wife did make the connection between the two bedtime activities last night, and who am I to deny her the choice to "make" me go to sleep every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment