Monday, March 30, 2009

Severe case of the mondays


Generally I am not a superstitious guy, but today I'm willing to make an exception cause it seems I've contracted a SEVERE case of the "mondays".

How did I come to this conclusion. A few things.

1. I couldn't get to sleep till well after 4am. This could possibly explain why I feel like the walking dead this morning.

2. I wrote a page and a half for the fanfic site i write for last night. I was very excited to send it off to my friends today. Now I know last night as i wrote it, in my mind it sounded very logical and clear. Today, I read it over, and geez louise! I don't know what my fingers were doing, but I have half sentences going into totally different ones. Missed punctuations, 2 paragraphs that is apparently one sentence. It is an utter mess that I now have to rewrite.

3. The loving breakfast that my wife prepared for me, made halfway to my car before I tripped and watched the two pieces of turkey bacon, two seasoned hard boiled eggs, and a buttered piece of country white toast fall onto the lawn. After running inside and grabbing an unsatifying bowl of corn pops, I headed to work now late.

4. The drive to work was exceedingly perilous, as the strong winds of the day threatened to blow my car into the other lane, and my tired mind was a little slow on the uptake today.

5. Upon getting to work I discovered that I had also forgotten to put on deodorant, shave, and apparently, though I've been doing it flawlessly for years, managed to put my underwear on BACKWARDS!

this is all before 10am!

Here is counting the hours till I can go home...

1 comment:

  1. ok IM with ya on the grrrr its monday thing..I dont do mondays so well!!! and I have to say I love the phrase "geez louise" I use it ALL the time!!!! Sorry about the paper you wrote and the mess it actually turned out to be...(I have that problem every day heheh) hope the new one is better!!!!...I so can relate to the no sleep I have those nights now and then they make me nuts!!! , and man thats a HUGE BUMMER about the breakfast...bet some dog came along and thought he was in heaven!!! and just want to tell ya that if no one sits by you today it probably will be because you is stinky hehe...and Im not even going to touch the underwear issue!!!! (see now that was nice of me huh???) Hope your day goes by fast and that tomorrow is a waaaaay better day for you.

    ReplyDelete