Tuesday, March 17, 2009

How I Met your Mother




For 2 years now I've had the pleasure of watching what I think is the funniest show on television. No it's not the Office (although that is also a funny show). It's How I met your mother, and if you haven't been watching it, you should. The three earlier seasons are on dvd (I have them all), and the fourth season is currently airing. As the show states, it's a love story told in reverse. The central character Ted is a lovable dork of a guy trying to find love in the big city. His best friends from college Lily and Marshal are the stable loving couple of the show, college sweethearts who got married in the second season. Robyn is a Canadian girl who Ted fell in love with in the first season, dated in the second season, but has remained part of the group afterwards. The final cast member is Neil Patrick Harris as Barney Stinson. The character is too unbelievable to describe in this short space, but he is hysterical in this show. The writing is consistently top-knotch, with the writers paying very close attention to established continuity, which is always great to see. Last nights episode though was the best ever! I throughly urge each and every one of you to go to CBS.com and watch the episode now. You might be a little lost about where they are in the story, but it's such a great episode that it doesn't matter. Honestly, I haven't laughed this hard since the Friends episode with the trivia game where the guys and girls switched apartments, which I consider one of the funniest sequences I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment