
A few weeks back I wrote this:
On top of this, at the end of the day once the mattress protector was washed and dried. And the new satin sheets we got for our wedding were put on the bed, we laid down, and I had a horrifying thought....this wasn't the right bed. My wife thinks I'm being silly, and says it's perfect (after a few nights of getting use to it that is). While it does feel better then our last bed, I just don't remember sinking into the bed THIS much. While the latex core does support me better then the innerspring mattress, I just remember it being firmer in the store. I checked the model, and it's the correct one, so I intend to stop by the store before my 30 days is up to just put my mind at ease. Convincing my wife to join me might be somewhat difficult, but I know it's going to bug me if I don't. Granted, since sleeping in this bed, my back and hip pain during the day has lessened, but my neck and knee pain have increased...i don't know if that's the bed or from the work I did though, so *shrugs*. I also noticed that I'm not as tired when I wake up in this bed, which I suppose is a good sign that I'm getting better sleep.
The following Sunday (3/8) I convinced my wife to join me at the Sleepy's store. So after brunch with my folks, we stopped by and laid on our model of Mattress. Within 30 seconds, my wife agreed with me that there was something wrong with our bed, that we were sinking in too much. i think what helped snap her out of the "i just want it to work" denial was when we were literally struggling to try and get out of the bed.) The helpful salesman gave us the phone number to the customer service line. This gave me a bad feeling that the store didn't take care of these types of things themselves. I expressed my concern, and the salesman responded that if I had any troulbe then he'd call with me, and make sure that I was taken care of. Normally I would have just put this off to just another line he was feeding me, but he seemed genuine. So I called the line, and after explaining the situation they put me on hold for a LONG time, generally a bad sign. To my surprise however when they came back on the line they said they'd exchange my bed for the same model free of charge, and when would I lke it delivered? Well color me shocked, but honestly this was the easiest exchange of my life. No doubting me, or saying that I'd have to prove it, just "Ok sir, and when would you like that delivered". Very strange yet refreshing.
We had the new bed delivered this past wednesday, and to quote Janice from "friends".....OH....MY....GOD! Such a comfy bed. This is the bed I tested out in the store and loved. It was so comfy that I actually took a nap on it the day it was delievered, and I never take naps. We also saw what was wrong with our old "new" bed. Apparently the insides of it either weren't secured or just collasped, cause when they turned the matress on it's side the bottom bulged from all the inside stuff falling towards the side. It was quite the sight.
This incident ended in a happy ending, of which I was very glad. Plus I get to rub my wife's nose in the fact that I was right and she was wrong. I know I shouldn't, but these instances occur so infrequently that I must cherish them.
BONUS!: Since our new bed is SO comfy, we've taken the foam mattress "enhancer" that we used to make our old bed bearable and used it to make a much more comfy couch in our space. So YAY!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Vindication
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

YAY you!!!!! and omg...I love the added Janice quote..I so could hear it in my head!!! Love Friends!!!! IM happy for you guys that you got the whole mattress thing fixed and all is good in your sleepy time world....now what on earth was you doing to make the other ones insides collapse...all I can say is daaaaammn hehehe
ReplyDelete