
Over the weekend my wife and I watched High School Musical 1 & 2 to
A) See what all the fuss was about
B) To let my wife have some sort of cultural reference of the 10 year old culture she's going to start student teaching this coming week.
I'll have my opinion of the movie in a separate posting, but one of the songs in the first film "Stick to the Status Quo" I liked alot. It really is the opinion of most people that a smart person has to be bad at athletics. Or that athletes are stupid, and have nothing to do with the arts. While these stereotypes come true on occasion, they are not absolute.
While I am a smart person who is bad at athletics, I still enjoy playing them on occasion. Also, I consider myself very creative. The point is that I've never followed the Status Quo. I broke every rule in the dating book, and am happily married. I never caved to peer pressure in regards to drugs. I kept true to myself all through my teenage years, and I turned out better for it. So i think that's a great meesage that this song teaches my exposing the paranoid fear behind the normal attitude.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Music 4 my Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Having a 10 year old of my own I have watched both of these movies more than once!!! I hope that your wife got some good points of view of what she is about to be exposed to if not have her ask me Ill give her a hand!!! I have experience with 10 year olds...teenagers and toddlers..so she can ask away!!!!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to hearing your opinion about the movies