And my favorite for today is:
FAVORITE AUDIO BOOK:
HARRY POTTER Series.
This Grammy award winning series of audio books is narrated by Jim Dale. While I've read all the books, I find that Dale's narration adds something to the novels. Mainly because he changes his voice for each unique character in the book, so you can instantly tell who is speaking. He actually holds the world record for creating over 146 distinct voices for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Not only are the voices different, but they emote to. Honestly, the amount of acting included in just one of these audio books is astounding. So, if you love Harry Potter, but have been slightly disappointed by Hollywood's neutering of the plots in the last three films, give your favorite Harry Potter audio book a chance by taking it out of your public library or buying it on Amazon or ITunes (Although Itunes doesn't have Deathly Hallows still for some reason).
I guarantee, that you won't regret it.
P.S. For my friends across the pond, make sure that if you DO try these audio books, that you get the "american" version. The "english" version is narrated by another person, and reviews say he's just not as good as Mr. Dale.
P.S.S.-I've enjoyed these books so much, I've already started to try and memorize the voices Dale uses so that I can read these stories to my children, and have them enjoy them as much as I do.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Favorites 4 my Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Im going to have to tell my 10 year old about this...he loves Harry Potter...he is reading one of the books right now "The Goblet Of Fire" and it is 734 pages long!!!! I bet he would get a kick out of something like this!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I think its totally cool you are memorizing the sound of the voices so you can use them for when you have kids...awwwwww
I think Stephen Fry does it better, he was actually JK's Choice.
ReplyDeleteBut I suppose Americans speak a different language. XD