Friday, March 20, 2009

Try and Steal my identity will you!

So last night i got a call from my bank saying that there was suspicious activity on my debit card. So when I call them back, they ask me if I've charged anything in Luxembourg recently. I laughed at first, and then seriously replied that I hadn't. Well it turns out that someone had, and used it online for an English based company too. Thankfully, the fraud detection built into my debit card kicked in and locked my card down for suspicious activity. Take THAT identity thieves! It's just annoying now that this happened that I have to wait for a new card. But I think I'd rather have some annoyance then fradulent charges on my account.

(Course the bank customer service while performing admirably in detecting the fraud just left me furious with frustration over canceling the wrong debit down (i had recently gotten a new number cause my bank is changing over), so they canceled both cards, and I got them to overnight me a new one which is coming tomorrow morning.)

1 comment:

  1. since Ive started the whole blogging thing in January Ive read about alot of people having issues like this..honestly its starting to really scare me....Im glad you got yours caught before anything else happened

    ReplyDelete