Friday, May 22, 2009

Wii Fit diary


So on Wednesday, my wife and I got in our exercise by walking briskly around the block. This just goes to show how out of shape I am, cause by the end I was wiped out and my lower back was killing me. It's kind of a wake up call to someone who use to bike ride around the block 20 times for fun. Course the block I have now is much longer and wider around then my previous one. Then again I'm also bigger, so I guess it evens out. Hopefully I'll improve on these walks, maybe if I use the iPhone to play music while we walk it will help distract me from the walking.

Yesterday I got home late, but I am proud to say that I exercised for 25 minutes on the wii fit. I did some Rhythm boxing to start, then did some yoga. Torso twists followed this, then I did 5 push ups w/side planks, and finished off with a Super Hula Hoop session that finished me. I was drenched in sweat after this, funny how I don't remember sweating this much in my earlier life.

I'm hoping to see some progress within 2 weeks, however yesterdays encouraging announcement from wii fit that I had gained a pound in two days was uninspiring to say the least. Now granted ones weight does flunctuate 1-2 pounds everyday, and I've only been exercising for 3 days, but still...it would have been nice to hear a loss.

I also think I'm going to get the new "Punch-Out" game for the wii. It has motion controls that you have to punch and dodge. Now you can play the game normally with just the controller, but I think the motion setting will really burn some calories. So maybe I'll pick that up on the way home today.

3 comments:

  1. wow...you keep doing this Im going to seriously think we need to get a wii!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was keeping up for a week or so. I got a little lazy when I was really sick and have not gotten back into it. Maybe you will be the push I need. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the wii is great i think, i much prefer the kids (and me) jumping around the living room than just sitting in front of the usual hand held ones....we've lost a few ornaments and a light fitting...but hey!

    ReplyDelete