My favorite moment of the week.
Friday afternoon...walking to my car. It doesn't matter if it's sunny, rainy, snowy. Whether I'm tired, had a Good Day, a Bad day, nothing matters for those few seconds. When I open my car door, and plop myself down in the seat, start the engine, and blast whatever music happens to be gracing my Iphone at the time. Generally I try and find my friday song earlier in the day. Just the knowledge that I get to do something else tomorrow besides work, it the best feeling. It's the same feeling you had as a kid when you left school on friday and knew that you didn't have to think about school till 6 oc lock on Sunday, when you did your weekend homework, which you should have done earlier. Over the years it's changed days. Like at the Hertz job, it was Saturday afternoon. At Denny's, it was glorious Early monday morning after working 30+ hours of the last 48. But the feeling was always the same. Just that little untangible drop of freedom and joy.
Conversely, my least favorite moment of the week is Sunday night when going to bed, knowing that I have to wake up, and leave all that I love and enjoy to go to work. granted this feeling is less these days as I actually enjoy my job at times. But still, it would be nice to be with my wife, and home all day.
I have such ambition don't I, :)
So that's my favorite moment of the week.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Favorites 4 my Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

And it looks like you are in for a very nice day with the weather as you make that walk today! I see the sun on my side of the island. WOOHOO!
ReplyDeleteoh Im so with you on this one...fridays when work is done...Im soooo excited....knowing I have 2 full days of just doing whatever we want to do and no alarm clock going off!!! Can lounge around in the morning if we want to. and IM the same as you when sunday night rolls around I start to feel a little bit bummed cuz I know I have 5 more days to go thru to get the week-end back again!!!!
ReplyDeletewell, in that case have a wonderful weekend
ReplyDeletesal x