Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pretty ordinary night

Nothing much happened last night.

My wife has one final project for school that she can't get off her mind. This led to her being distracted most of the evening.

We played some frustrating games of Halo which were on some new boards (the Mythic map pack came out recently), but everyone seemed to be in a bad mood. My wife seem to get more disheartened with every loss, and Darque couldn't stop complaining about the new boards and how he didn't like them. After this I played some Magic: the gathering while watching some tv shows to clear space on the DVR. I played one great game of Halo wars which I correctly predicted the opponents strategy and surmised a counterstrategy that worked oh so well. Then I went to bed.

This morning i was happy to see my wife in better spirits, and my cat petunia ready for our morning race. Now, I don't know if she does this on purpose, but this happens more often then not. I'll come to the top of the stairs, and she'll be at the bottom. I'll stare into those large green eyes she has, she'll lick her chops or swish her tail, depending on her mood. Then I'll start down the stairs. She's off like a shot. racing up the stairs flying past me in a whir of fur. She's at the top before I hit the bottom...as I have yet to win this event. I'll just look back up at her, and she'll politely swish her tail, saying oh so tactfully "Better luck next time".

Just an interesting way to start the day.

3 comments:

  1. cats are so competetive...ours look at me from their precarious possition on the top of the curtain pole as we speak...they are definitely saying....'bet you wish you could sit up here'

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just trying to get to your side of the bed before it cools off. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny...makes ya wonder what the cat is really thinking huh????

    ReplyDelete