Long ago I lost faith in the Catholic religion due to my gaining to deep an understanding of it. (Thanks Theology classes in Catholic High School). Reading about all the crap the church did throughout history, I could not morally follow the faith anymore. At the same time however, I am not arrogant enough to believe that it ends with me. I believe that whether you call it evolution, fate, destiny, chaos theory, some kind of force has to be guiding all of this. It was always very hard to explain my view on faith until a movie called Dogma in 1999 summed it up in 1 quotes.
"When are you people going to learn? It's not about who's right or wrong. No denomination's nailed it yet, and they never will because they're all too self-righteous to realize that it doesn't matter what you have faith in, just that you have faith. Your hearts are in the right place, but your brains need to wake up. "
Hope this doesn't offend anyone
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Thoughts 4 my Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OH I really like this quote. It has so much "kick" to it and it truly says alot. I hope no one is offended by it either because I think its something everyone needs to read and think about!!!
ReplyDeleteI loved that movie.
ReplyDeleteI get so fed up with people trying to decide what is right or wrong for another person based on their own (often misguided) religious views.
There a re a few people I know who are church going, god fearing people, when in fact, a couple of them are the least Christian people I know. I see them judge at every turn, criticize continually, and wish bad things on others because they are consumed with jealousy of anyone else who has …well, more, or is happy!
People are so caught up in what is and isn’t right, what will and wont send you to hell…if it exists…that they forget to enjoy the very thing they are seeking.
Having faith is so important…but the god I believe in is all encompassing love, he doesn’t judge or condemn. As long as we are all trying to live our lives well, as long as we are not causing harm to others, contributing, grateful, this is what makes us whole, loving people….not being in a certain place on a certain day, not confessing what someone else deems to be a sin.
Many religions have something that is attractive to me, and I do love the Buddhist ideology, what’s right for one, isn’t necessarily right for another….
But this quote sums it up, it is important to believe, I respect everyone’s religious views, and expect people to respect me and my views, I cannot imagine a life without faith, and I cannot imagine how we would feel when the people we love pass on if we had no beliefs.
One of the reasons I believe prayer to be strong is because it generates hope and love and good, positive energy, and this is what embodies god, love and all things good for me….
I do think, that regardless of faith or religion, we will all be together laughing about it in heaven one day.
Oops, I appear to have gotten carried away lol!!!
Amen!