Friday, May 29, 2009

Favorites 4 my Friday


I always am at a loss about what to write for Favorites 4 my Friday. I have a lot of "favorite" things, but very few can be truly expressed through writing. So, I've decided to do "My First Favorite game"

1986-Super Mario Bros
System-NES
Something happened to my little 5 year year old brain when I saw that little red and brown 8 bit Mario run across the screen at my cousins house, jumping on things called goombas and koopa troopers. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. To a 5 year-old with ADHD (Course we didn't know it was called that back then), being captivated by something was an event beyond description. This was the introduction to my fascination and eventual addiction to video games. Immediately I wanted to go over my aunt's house more and more, and was severely dissapointed when everyone else wanted to watch football. I didn't get an NES for 2 more years, but I had my Dad's old Colecovision and atari that he pulled out of storage for me. I played and beat every single game he gave me. Soon I was through his entire collection, and was hungry for more. Eventually I got the nintendo; then more systems, but I never forgot the first video game to captivate me. And I wasn't alone either. Until VERY recently, Super Mario Bros, since it was included with the NES console system, was the BEST selling videogame of all time.

2 comments:

  1. I so love this game!!! Devin just bought a system called the vii and it has this game on it....I was so excited about it!! It actually has a lot of the old games we loved playing when we were kids....now Devin gets to enjoy them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually, although i am rubbish at actually playing this, i don't mind watching these ones for some reason...and give direction of course lol!

    ReplyDelete