Monday, May 25, 2009

Wii fit Diary update and how was my weekend.

So I did pick up the new Wii Punch out on Friday.  If you loved the first punch out from 1985 on the NES, then this wii title will not dissapoint.  And if you use the wii balance board and motion controls like I am, you'll get one heck of a workout out of it too.  Basically it's like shadow boxing, but it also helps your core, cause you can't punch 100 times and not start hurting your back unless you tighten your stomach muscles.  I'm not sure if I'm getting that great a workout, but it sure feels like I am, cause I sweat like the dickens.  This is great for days when I really just don't want to exercise.  While Wii Fit is exceptionally good at giving you activities to workout to, it can be slightly dull after your tenth time through the advanced step program.  That's why 


On Saturday, I was really jazzed about the workout program, and how much better I feel since quitting Diet coke.  Really, the carbonation made me just not want to move.  I might have a glass here and there at a restaurant (not everyplace stocks ice tea), but for the most part, I'm through.  Back to saturday, so being all excited about the program, I went out and "invested in myself".  The one place where I feel the Wii Fit is really lacking is building up ones arms and chest.  I have exercises for abs, aerobics, but only one real exercise for arms which is the push up.  I am too flabby, and too out of shape to do the push ups correctly, or enough to get any real benefit.  It's sad, yet true.  

The result:  I am now the proud owner of some free weights that I am using every other day to help build up my arms.  While I was getting these I happened across a 3-inch riser for the wii fit balance board to make it more of an actual step aerobics platform when doing the step exercises.  It really does make it more difficult, and it feels like more of a workout.  

So after one week of working out now I have officially lost 2 pounds!  Ok so it's not much, but it's the first two of hopefully many to come.  

On sunday we had a BBQ with my mom, and afterwards we just spent like 4 hours talking to her.  It was alot of fun.

And today we just relaxed mostly.  All in all a good weekend.

Happy memorial day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment