When I first moved to florida in the spring of 2003, I played quite the cruel April Fool's joke on my poor mom.
I had been in Florida for about a month. Had just found gainful employment, and was lounging by the pool on my day off. It happened to be April Fool's day, and i called my parents just to "check in". The conversation that followed went something like this.
Me:"Hey mom, how everything going?"
Mom: "Hi Riley, everything's good, what's new with you?"
Me: "Well Mom, there is something new in my life....a girl actually."
Mom: "Oh..." My mother's voice had a twinge of fear.
Me: "yeah, she's really great, and we care alot about each other. Well, one thing led to another, and guess what Mom, You're gonna be a GRANDMA!"
I hear a loud clunk as the phone is dropped to the floor. From what sounds like far away I hear soft screams saying "Oh my god, he did it, he did it, he went down there and ruined his life, OH MY GOD, OH!"
Dad: "Hello?!" My dad picked up the phone in his far too loud phone voice. "What's going on!?!" he asked
Me: On the other end of the phone I was dying laughing, even though I know I shouldn't have been. I stopped long enough to tell my Dad "April Fools!", and inform him that he should tell mom before she has a breakdown or something. After the obligatory dad response of "You should not have done that' I hung up.
And that was the worst thing I ever did on April fools day
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Worst April fools joke I ever pulled
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

so does your mom not want to be a grandma??? or what?????? I on the other hand would die if one of my boys called and told me I was going to be a grandma....uuuggggghhhh though it sounds like you gave your mom a heart attack at least it wasnt THAT bad...some people pull really horrible pranks!!!
ReplyDelete