It's been such a beautiful weekend here on Long Island. The tempurature has been just hot enough to so that you could open your windows, but not too unbearable to where your roasting. After the cold rainy week, or to be more precise whole month that proceeded it; this was a pleasant and most needed surprise.
It's been a weekend full of relaxing in bed, running errands, picking up newly inspected cars, but never really feeling rushed. On saturday, the wife and I took our little fluffy dog for a walk around the block. The dog loved it, all the new smells, mailboxes to pee on, even if Mommy and Daddy kept trying to discourage her from this. After the water which turned both the dog and her dad into dripping masses of sweat, we headed to the house of american consumerism worship...the mall. Our mission, find a suitable dress for my wife to wear to the wedding that we are going to this coming friday. So after braving the throngs of prom preparing teenagers, resisting the urge of the very tempting but very fattening cinnabon, and going to three stores only to return to the first one as we were leaving, and "give it one more try". Surprise! the section I had suggested during the first visit, which my wife susequently ignored, contained the fabulous looking navy blue cocktail dress that we purchased. Go fig...
After the long day, I was feeling under the weather, and actually went upstairs to cuddle with my wife. This was really nice. We just sat there together, and just talked. We really never do that anymore. After some conversation and canoodling, I got my second wind, and we came downstairs and finished off a very nice day with a rousing game of Mario Kart wii.
Sunday was another great day. I woke up not too early, but not too late. We worked out on wii fit and built up a nice sweat. Then we headed to the Staller Center at stonybrook university to view a free classical music of the Baroque period concert. I hadn't been to the Staller Center since my sister's last dance recital 4 years ago, and it hadn't changed much. However this was the first time I was there while the school was in session and found it curious that there were half-naked college students throwing footballs around, sunbathing, studying in the grass on a blanket, and in the most interesting scene, studying next to the open fountain with there feet inside the fountain. While this may not seem odd to some, it struck me as something very different, and something to take away from the day. The concert wasn't actually as bad as I had been expecting. I have always had a preference for instrumentals, hence my love of John Williams pieces. The music played seemed very "middle earth" like and it allowed my mind to drift to the place of myth and legend. Of royal courts and knightly pursuits, and especially of the Dugeins and Dragons games I so miss. After the concert we stopped by target, where we discovered 2 things. Very nice silver heels to go with my wife's dress, and discovered the goodness that is the cheddar hot pretzel. After the workout, the concert, and the shopping; I was ravenous for the rest of the day, just constantly wanting more food for fuel. I don't think my body is use to all the activity it's getting recently, but it was all relatively healthy food, so it wasn't so bad.
So that was my great weekend, and before I go, I have a few announcements.
1) I apologize to Sally, my fellow blogger, she "tagged" me to post a response to her "8 things" post. I'm afraid I won't be able to do that, but I am working on the 100 things about me for my 100th post, so just count those as your response.
2)My work schedule is INSANE! this week, and I will most likely be working 12 hour shifts all week long. This will probably make me unavailable for blogging. I'll try to do my "4" posts, but no gurantees.
And now without further adieu....I give you my Music for monday. It's called "Requiem for a dream", and it's the remixed version for the Lord of the Rings: The two towers. It's actually my favorite LOTR song, even though it never appears in the film. Enjoy!

Hi...don't apologise, it was as much about aknowledging you and your great attitude as anything else..
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a great weekend, long island certainly seems like a great place to live...
have a great week...don't work too hard...make sure you still find time for some canoodling...
sal x
I know you don't have time to do the list...which is fine...but still accept the award i have for you on my blog...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the award Sally, and for the kind words it came with. And Long island isn't bad, it's just expensive, tough for a young couple to get started ya know, :). But we're managing. :)
ReplyDeletesounds like you had a great week-end with your wife and thats awesome!!!!! walking..food...shopping.....playing video games...more food....a musical.....cuddle time...and now 12 hours of work all week!!!!.wow Im exhausted just reading about it!!!! This song you picked is a great pick ya up kind of song...gets you motivated to do SOMETHING!!!
ReplyDeleteWe really did deserve the weather we had here on the Island over the weekend. After last week's rainy and cold weather especially! Glad you got out to enjoy it too.
ReplyDelete