Friday, April 10, 2009

I did it! I did it! HAHAHAHA!

I just want to try and express the feeling I'm feeling RIGHT NOW! It's a glorious sense of accomplishment that I've rarely experienced, and that feels utterly wonderful.

I've felt this feeling a few times at my job, and when I have it reminds me why I do what I do, and that I actually like the field I'm in. Today, 8 years after college, 8 and a half years since I coded anything in C++. 11 years since I coded anything in Visual Basic, I edited code today and it WORKED the first time out.

I know this might sound very minor, but it's just a huge weight lifted. I've been being "mentored" at my job. I'm learning advanced excel techniques, basic access, and trying to learn the Vb code we use here. Up until today I've been very scared that I just wouldn't be able to do it, and I know that what I did today was very simple. The fact is that I did it though, and it felt great, so I know that i can do more, and then that will feel great too! It just gives me hope, and that's such a great feeling.

The bonus points came from the fact that not only did I complete my assignment, but I fixed a flaw in the program that had existed from the beginning. MAN, what a rush!

(Note: I'm fully aware that saying that i got a rush from pressing compile and seeing a little checkbox go on and off when it was suppose to is rather lame by most standards. BUT I DON'T CARE! This is like hitting a home run for me!)

WHOOHOO!

6 comments:

  1. sending you a high five!!!! Also wanted to say thank you for the comment you left seeing if I was ok....your kindness is very much appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what are friends for right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you! Doesn't it make you feel on top of the world to have a big accomplishment? I love that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that feeling.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Barry


    And welcome to my blog Wendy, thanks for leaving the comment.

    ReplyDelete