Considering that today I'm being "officially" told that my wages will be cut slightly, and new "mandatory" vacation days, or days i have to take whether I have the time or not, resulting in ultimately lost wages of unpaid leave of at least 40 hours.
In return, we all get to keep our jobs. Now while in this economy, I think this is a better solution then keeping everyone's pay steady and vacation days optional, why do I still feel like I'm getting the shaft slightly. *shrugs*
In the spirit of this new program I present the following cartoon.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Toons 4 tuesday
Labels:
dilbert,
getting the shaft,
toons 4 tuesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

aaarggh...can't see what the last one says ????
ReplyDeleteIt says "If they cut my benefits one more time, I'll make a play for their water too"
ReplyDeletesorry that is happening to you but you are right in this economy be thankful you still have your job....great clip!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis seems to be happening all over the place these days. In my municipality they cut the part timers hours by 33% and they have offered to give us full time union members up to 5 unpaid vacation days. Luckily they are voluntary. I feel bad for the part timers though. As a result of the cuts it has actually increased the work load for the rest of us. Just what I needed since I am doing my job and the job of another full timer that is out on leave till June! I want to grow hair just so I can pull it out!
ReplyDeleteNo kidding. I mean we lost about 1/3 of our work force at the end of last year. I just heard from my manager that if we actually get back to even 3/4 of the level of work that we had before the economy swung, we don't have the people to handle the work. It's really sad and a little scary if you think about it. Looks like my plan to take on as much responsibility and rework it to be ultra efficient but so specialized that no one but I knows how to do it paid off. :) Take note kids, scheming can pay off!
ReplyDelete