I woke up today, late as usual. I gobbled down the delicious breakfast my wife had left me and the new iced coffee concoction we discovered together which is quite good (rival's starbucks), and best of all CHEAP! I have been feeling more and more tired these last few days. I think a combination of the 12 hour work days the stress of dealing with my family's wedding pressure. My mother seems to think that because I am reading a passage at the church for less then 5 minutes, apparently I will now have utter attention of the day, and everyone will be solely judging their experience on how I look and how I speak. I keep trying to remind my mother, that people are attending to view the joining of the bride and groom, and my reading (not even a speech, I'm reading for pete sakes) will most likely be no more then a footnote in what most will consider the less entertaining part of the day.
On top of this, I was informed yesterday that my MIL has requested that her fiance move in to her house full time, and my wife and I move into his apartment (If you look back at around Christmas, you'll see I saw this coming). Our rent would stay the same, and we'd have our privacy, which would be a welcome change. In exchange for this, I get a longer commute (20 minutes, making my non-traffic driving time equal to exactly 1 hour...I think i might want to stock up on that cheap coffee), and in exchange for a nice view of a lake, we give up a back yard to walk our dog in. This means that we will have to actually "walk" the dog, which I can see nothing but problems arising from that. Though, the extra commute and inconvenience of the dog (how we'll get her to go in the winter and when it's raining, I dunno), seeing my wife's joy at merely the prospect of living alone more then makes up for it. She'll get to use all the wedding gifts that she got finally, and we'll start to make a little home for ourselves. I can see alot of benefits, but the drawback is that we're depending on her mother to help organize all this, or at least help.
I became so infuriated last night when I wanted to start to hash out the details (Never mind that I was already pissed that my MIL had brought it up when i wasn't there to begin with!), and they gave me a look like I had three heads when I asked need to know questions like (how's the water pressure in your apartment, do you have neighbors with noise issues, you know, STUFF I NEED TO FRAKKING KNOW!). There's also the matter of how and when to move all my very expensive and valuable electronics into this new house. I also need to evaluate the plug locations, to know where and how to set up our rooms. We need to solve the lamp situation, as we don't own any ourselves. These aren't big issues, but it pisses me off that no one wants to deal with it NOW, while we're thinking of it, and the stuff is coming into my head. I'm here now, I'm in the "planning for moving zone". This is temporary, I have ADD the mind does not stay in one place for long, and I don't want to leave this to the last minute like so many other things such as party planning, wedding planning, actually any type of planning in general with my MIL is at the last minute, cause she "can't deal with it" before then. I have two months to work everything out with moving my wife and myself. I've been through this before twice, and i know all the crap one has to do. Two months seems like a lot, but it's going to fly by, and the most important thing of all; if I ask you a sound reasonable question, DO NOT ROLL YOUR EYES AT ME, GIGGLE SLIGHTLY, AND GIVE YOUR FIANCE A WEIRD LOOK LIKE "HE'S NUTS" RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
Sorry, had to get that off my chest.
Oh, so the end result of all this was while walking out to my car....I found the key in the ignition, and it was there all night. Apparently, my key chain had broken and I had been so tired/distracted i hadn't noticed. Always good to know that I could have easily awoken to a stolen car, geez!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
DOH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I can relate to the sleepy issue I actually blogged about it already!!!! As far as the moving issue I do understand your frustration over people starting to talk and even plan it before you are there to be a part of it...after all it DOES involve you.And though there will obviously be some issues to work out and things to get use to that would happen no matter where you went. And from the little bit of time that I have had to get to know you. The fact that your wife is all excited over this will be the one thing that you will end up gathering your strength from and getting yourself thru all the chaos that will go with it. Look at it this way...now you guys can run around naked on the week-ends if you so please and not a soul (other then the dog) will be around!!! hehe did that help any??????
ReplyDeleteA stolen car would've been the perfect ending to that day. I hope your new neighbourhood is just as safe!
ReplyDeleteMe too, thanks Barry
ReplyDeleteGotta love family...Good luck.
ReplyDelete