Monday, July 27, 2009

A thank you...

I just wanted to thank Tom, Dena, and my wife for telling me to go to the "reunion" with my movie theater coworkers. I got to see one of the people who I really wanted to, the other was a no show, but I got to see where 7-10 years had taken some of these people. So let's see how the night went, shall we?

100 points for games at Dave and Busters: 20 dollars
boneless buffalo wings, a diet coke, 2 sprites, and a beer: 25 dollars
The following three moments: Priceless

Moment of Vindication: Seeing the man who broke my arm looking utterly alone among a group of his supposedly closest friends, that he works as a teller in a bank, and that he still seems to have not had a single real relationship with anyone. I know it's small and petty, but having my beautiful wife there, and saying that I have a good career just like I always said I would have was just pure vindication on the most primal level. I'm not proud of it, but boy did it feel good.

Moment of Surprise: Seeing the ugly duckling goth teenager with an attitude problem had blossomed into a very pretty, congenial, intelligent woman who's going to be a music teacher. Totally reformatted the image I had of her in my mind.

Moment of Realization: Realizing that some people who you make a connection with in life will always be easy to talk to. Always be genuinely happy to see you, and remind you that real friendship can be rekindled with just the tiniest spark.

So thanks Tom, Dena, and my wife who gave me the final push when I was having an issue earlier in the day. I had a great time.

2 comments:

  1. Now THAT is what I wanted to hear! I am glad you had such a great time! And don't feel bad for that little bit of gloating. You earned the right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY YOU!!! Im so glad that you went and that your wife went with you and that everything turned out great....and you know what we all like those moments in life where we feel like "LIFE" actually speaks for its self and things are worth kinda bragging about!!!!

    ReplyDelete