You know, I had a What about me Wednesday post all thought up, but I just don't have the energy right now to write it. I saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince last night at the midnight premiere. It was a good movie, the best in the non christopher columbus directed ones by far. I'll be doing a full summer movie workup this weekend. I haven't been doing the individual reviews, because they take a long time to write, and I just haven't had it. I'm looking into other shorter more concise formats to try.
The movie was great, but the experience was lacking. I attended the film with my wife, my sister-in-law, and my mother-in-law. Having experienced a similar fan mob with transformers, it was so bad that we didn't get to sit together, I made sure to get to the theatre at 10:20 to secure 4 seats together. My MIL and SIL came a little later at 11:30. It was really cutting it close seat wise (we had to turn away a few people, and I just hate doing that), but they made it there. They had just come from the police station where my MIL was reporting on her EX again after some more text messages from him.
So the movie starts and I'm having a great time. The humor is there, the quidditch was awesome, the romance, and all the major plotpoints were hit upon. I was having a great time, then I looked over at my group. My wife was getting really tired, I think her sister was too, but then I saw my Mother-in-law. She was sitting in the crowded theatre, and instead of watching the really great film in front of her, she was looking at her hands, and moving her fingers back at forth looking like the most depressed person I'd ever seen. After that, I couldn't enjoy the movie as much as I wanted to. I kept looking over at my MIL, and just seeing this lone person in a sea of people laughing, gasping, enjoying the film look like she was so utterly in her own sad little world. I had invited her to the film to try and give her an enjoyable night...I guess it didn't work.
After the movie, we drove home in separate cars. My poor wife who had worked till 10, and it was now 3am by the time we were leaving was just dead. I was jazzed and ready for my post-movie analysis and comparing to the book. I like to go over what lines I like the best, and the strong points and weak points in the film. My wife however was ready for a pillow and not much else. I can't fault her for this. She is usually in bed by 11, and she'd had a long and difficult day, so she was very quiet, and eventually I caught on, and became quiet too. I suddenly had a great longing to have Darque or Hawk there to talk about the film, it felt like the movie outing just didn't have it's proper conclusion, y'know. Like I said I can't fault my wife for this, it's just the way it is.
This morning the alarm went off at 7:30 like always, and I hit the snooze more times then i should have, like always. Once I got up, I tried to wake my wife, but it just wasn't happening. She would move maybe 4 inches further onto my pillow and collaspe again, snoring before 30 seconds had past. So after 3 failed attempts, I got up myself and went downstairs. I have come to rely on my wife for my mornings to go smoothly. I am the farthest thing from a morning person as you can get. I like to wake up at 11 ideally, but there are few jobs that start at the crack of noon. Therefore i have relied on my mother, then my female roomate, and then my wonderful uber kind wife to provide me with sustanace and then get me out the door. Since my wife was unable to awaken, heck I had to settle for a kiss on the cheek, cause she wouldn't move her head to kiss me she was so out of it. I was then left to fend for myself which is a horrifying thought in the morning. I got downstairs and just froze in the kitchen. I knew I had 6 or 7 things to do, but I just couldn't multi-task then, and just froze trying to think of what to do first. after about 10 minutes fumbling around and knocking things over I manage to pack my drinks, and had decided to buy breakfast and lunch as the ability to make a nutritious satisfying lunch in 10 -15 minutes resides solely within my wife. I would take 30 minutes which I didn't have, leave a huge mess, and still only have like a sandwich. Yes I'm aware, I'm pathetic. I've accepted this, and live with the shame daily. I also remembered after I got some horrible Mcdonald's sandwich that we had a spinach quiche in the fridge, and all I had to do was cut a slice. DOH!
So I get to work, and just starting to wake up when the power flashes on and off. This means I have to now go out and make sure all the computer in production came back up ok. After a half hour of this, and just solving the LAST problem, the entire building goes out!. *&^%*&$%&%$!
Apparently this happened.
in case you can't see my bad picture, that's a Ryder truck under a busted telephone pole. It knocked out our entire block. I figured that an accident like this would take at least the rest of the day to fix, maybe even tomorrow too. WRONG! It was fixed in an hour (SON OF A B---H!). Then I spent 45 agonizing minutes thinking I had lost my 150 dollar sunglasses that I use to drive so I don't get migraines, thankfully a good natured employee had found them and told my friend. Losing things is a major "thing" with me. I hate losing my stuff, and I go nuts (I've rearranged rooms, no joke) trying to find stuff. So, after all that, I realized that the immense pain now coming from my foot from what I though was walking the company parking lot looking for my glasses, isn't due to my feet being hot, but the ingrown toenail that I've let go too long has become swollen, red, and painful to the touch. So now I'm limping and still have 4 hours to go at work.
What. a. great. day. *sigh*
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Random Pic of the day (So close....)
Labels:
Random pic of the day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like the day from hell but look on the bright side, it wasn't you driving that Ryder truck!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Tom!!!! and now after reading your post..I feel like my day isnt so bad after all!!!
ReplyDeletewow, tomorrow can only get better...but so true, you werent in the truck!
ReplyDelete