Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What about me wednesday

Well here goes:


The wife is writing her thesis and student teaching at the same time. She is very stressed, which leaves me the role of supportive husband, but it's not all that bad. Plus, I'm rather good at cheering her up.

WoW is going well, and I am on track to meet my goal of obtaining Level 80 by Halloween. There is an issue though. My best friend with whom we use to play Halo, and then I'd play Magic with almost nightly. Though he now plays WoW as well, due to his living arrangement he cannot play at night when I play because of WoW's vocal component. Well, since I now play WoW, and my wife is doing homework where we would normally play Halo...he's not too thrilled with the resulting lack of face time with us. This is understandable, but it's starting to become annoying. I have informed his that this situation is really only till Dec. 11th, when my wife finishes her semester. After that, we will be returning to our regularly scheduled activities (Cept Magic...I'm dropping that for a while). I just wish he'd show a little more understanding. This pestering along with a new friend from work who started WoW and needs help leveling, makes me sometimes want to say "Hey, could everyone just leave me alone till I reach 80, thanks!". I know I can't say that, and I know that it's unreasonable to want my life to stop for WoW, but when you are into a new game...well, sometimes you feel that way.

On the Weight front, well I haven't exercised since August...so how do you think it's going. But I'm going to start up again (my wife made me promise that after I hit lvl 80 I start exercising again).



Now, I would like to address you, my virtual reader base. What can I do to make this blog better. I know I've been a little lackadaisical with the posts lately, but other then WoW and my wife's college stuff, nothing much is going on. Should I redesign the interface? Write my opinion on some news stories? Should I stop writing about my life, and concentrate on something specific? Do you like when I talk about my gaming life? Should I chronicle my journey to get 10 lvl 80's of each class? I've tried writing about instances from my past, but those were the lowest comment responses in the blog's history so I stopped writing them. Should I bring back the movie reviews? I stopped them because they were a pain to write and usually a week or two behind the movie's release. Give me suggestions, ideas, or even criticism. I want this blog to be successful, but it seems to have hit a funk. I've also been pondering a name change to "The life of Riley", what do you guys think of that?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Riley firstly, your friend does need to understand your wife and home life come first.

    i say yes bring back the movie reviews, i always ended up taking the boys to the ones you suggested, i loved the comparissons. if doesn't matter to your UK readers if you are behind the release, cos we are a few weeks behind you on that.

    The life of Riley is a great title, then again, i love the picture at the top and it matches the title.

    I'd say maybe more pictures, but i know, not everyone likes to post too many.

    also, you could have the last movie you saw, music you like, games and stuff down the side, it gives more insight to you.

    have a great day Riley...and you go ahead and tell them people to leave you alone!!!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I agree its important that everyone understands what comes first in your life...and they will just have to accept that...and as long as your wife is ok with what you do then thats all that matters. And as far as what to write about..just be YOU....you write what comes to mind...if its about your life and it has nothing going on thats ok...we dont mind...I did enjoy your movie reviews...and I dont mind you writing about the games you play..thats a part of who you are...and thats what your blog is about YOU!!!! Thats what made me start following you in the first place..was the fact you were just being yourself!!!

    I also want to say thanks for your concern with what Ive been going thru...its really good to know that people you will never meet face to face can actually care about whats going on with you....thats what makes a friend...so thank you for being my friend!

    ReplyDelete