Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thought 4 my Thursday

Yesterday, my mother-in-law, who's long distance boyfriend she's been talking to over the phone and has spent the past weekend with has decided that she has found the man of her dreams, and is now engaged to him.



Upon the announcement, my first thoughts were of a quote from the movie "Fight Club" where the twist in the plot is revealed.

"We have just lost cabin pressure"

Honestly I don't know what to think. I mean, the internal dating psychiatrist inside of me says that this is a rebound thing from her last a-hole of a fiancé which let's all remember was less then 6 months ago, but then again I got engaged at 5 months cause I just knew it was the right person...who am I to judge how or if she is truly in love. The part of the plan that actually effects my wife and I is that now we HAVE to move. This goes hand in hand with us WANTING to move out, but now there is a definite timeline (one year) which before was much more open ended. I hope it all works out for the best, and maybe it's just my realistic (not to be confused with pessimistic) nature...but why can I not see this as anything but something that is going to be either a big ordeal, a pain in the ass, or total fucking disaster. Ok, fine...maybe that last one is a little on the pessimistic side.

3 comments:

  1. Well I too would be thinking um yeah maybe we need to rethink this one a bit...but as you said who knows MAYBE hes the one....all I can say to this is....it will all work out....sure if it ends up you two have to move it makes things a bit rough but maybe in the end it will be just what you need. I dont know..Im just sayin....but I do know we will all be here to support you and your wife..and to help you the best we can to get thru all the changes that could be happening in your lives in the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is quick, and it is in our nature to worry, I also think that its different to when you're really young and there feels like there is loads of time, so maybe its a bit of that too.

    Even if people we love seem to make rushed decisions, or even if they are blatantly wrong, all we can do is be supportive whichever way it ends up.

    ReplyDelete