Yesterday, I posted something sweet about my wife, I also mirrored this sentiment on facebook.
The responses I got from this blog were positive sentiments, and people expressing being touched by my post.
On facebook, I got the following three response:
My friends wife: Are you in trouble?
My wife: Thank you sweetie, I feel the same about you
My recently (may 1st) married cousin: I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
The pure negative response from my friends and family on facebook made me really sad. I mean what is the world coming to, when a man expressing his love to his wife means that I did something wrong, or elicits disgust. I think it's just really sad.
My mother-in-law did perk me up a bit though, when she messaged me, "They just don't get it"
I guess they just don't.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
What is the world coming too...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

And you know what it really doesnt matter if "they" just dont get it...as long as you and your wife get it thats all that truly matters...and clearly she gets it!!!!! Thats whats wrong with so many relationships now a days...people just dont get LOVE....to alot I think its just become a word they use with no real meaning behind it...its sad...really really sad!!! I on the other hand couldnt help thinking about what your wrote through out my day and thinking see THATS what I want in my life...someone that feels THAT way about me...and can actually express it.
ReplyDeleteHey Riley, Dena just about expressed all that I was going to say and I have to say I have had similar reactions myself when I have expressed seniment about my husband to others. I must say, I think that jealousy fuels a lot of these remarks but as long as you remain true to yourself then go for it. . . at least that's what I do!
ReplyDelete