Thursday, August 27, 2009

Obsolete or dying tech

I just read this great article at msn.com on technology that is obsolete and dying.

http://tech.msn.com/products/articlepcw.aspx?cp-documentid=21159559

So many of things I grew up with.

So weird how things have changed so much more rapidly in the last 30 years then at almost any other time in history.

2 comments:

  1. it is crazy to see how much has changed in the last 30 years. Some times though Im not really sure all of it was for the best...ya know what I mean???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can agree with you in some regards. Mostly in the realm of more and easier to obtain pornography and sexual content. The lack of privacy is also a little disturbing, not because of what's going on now, but where I see it going.

    But most things I think are for the better. Cell phones especially. Never will my kid have to beg for change to use the pay phone. Nor will people get lost in the wrong neighborhood (not with GPS going in everything nowadays). i may have a fondness for arcades, but XBOX live is 5000 times better then any arcade experience in many ways.

    The most disturbing trend I think is that with all the "social networking", texting, and email. Human to Human interaction is kinda on the decline. I'm not so much affected, as I communicate through this medium better anywho. However, the time is rapidly coming, where if you're not online, you won't be able to keep up in the world through traditional means. But as things in the virtual world get more and more immersive...I just think we might lose the "little things" like the family BBQ, and parades and such. I think in like 30 years or so, when my generation is running things...it's going to be alot of change really quickly. I'm not saying it's going to be for the better, but it'll be different.

    ReplyDelete