Last year giving my wife a Christmas gift was easy. We decided early on that we would give each other the Rock Band Video Game. I pre-0rdered it a month in advance, and we had it 2 weeks before Christmas.Then I even splurged for a game boy DS lite to surprise her. Very easy and simple. This year, well it got a little more complicated. Our big present was the Buffy: The Vampire series. We actually found it on sale for 70 dollars on the day Twilight came out in theaters. Amazon was having a promotion. After we scored that great deal (70%) off, we decided to get each other 100 dollars in gifts. Now I really didn't know what to get her this year. I had a few suggestions from my good friend Glenn, and I used some of them. I thought of two things that I know will keep her occupied in interim from school. I still was short for a really NICE thing, then my co-worker mentioned that the Trans-Siberian Orchestra was coming to the Nassau Colosseum on Dec. 12th. My wife and I had always enjoyed their Christmas songs, and I thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately, I had to make sure that she would want to go, so I couldn't surprise her. Since I bought them so late (2 weeks before), we got pretty bad seats (see picture below), but surprisingly, never felt like we weren't part of the show. I could sit here and describe it to you, but I think I'll let these videos show you how great a show it was.
Everyone knows the song in the first video as the one that made the Orchestra famous in 1996. This is Wizards in Winter, their second most popular song off their 2001 album I believe.
This is a rock version of Mozart, check out the electric violinist, she's insane! It seriously makes me wonder if a "Violin Hero" game is feasible. Awesome version of Mozart I think. Then for the very last song they came out with a surprise special guest. MR. STEVEN TYLER of AEROSMITH!!!
That was a real treat that we didn't expect.
All in all it was a wonderful experience, and to top it all off, my wife was dressed up, and looked absolutely stunning. My gift was a hit, and I am so glad. Merry early Christmas everyone. And I think I'll end the post, with how they ended the show.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment