Hey everyone, well I got my new lights up over the weekend. Had to go back to the store twice for more lights, but I think that the results speak for themselves. I wanted to get the peek done this year, but the expense of the new lights hit me hard, and hey it gives me a goal for next year right...



Later on, it began to snow, and then they really looked awesome.



They looked ok in the pictures above with the flash on, but I wanted you to be able to really see them pop, like I saw. So I played with the settings in my camera, cutting the flash and hitting the high sensitivity mode.



Also, these are the new LED (light emitting diode)lights. The pictures just manage to do them justice on how bright they really are. It's not white light through colored glass, it's really blue, and really white. It seems the higher wavelength colors like blue and green look the best. Some fun facts about LEDs are.
-They use 88% electricity then normal lights (my sister would be so proud)
-They are like 5 watts each strand, and you can fit 210 watts in a normal outlet. I have all of these lights on one extension cord, and it's perfectly safe. i did the math too, and i could have double the lights i have now without incident.
-They are cool to the touch
-burn 4000 hours versus 1000 hours
-are encased in plastic rather then glass
Overall I really liked the way the lights came out this year.
-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:
Post a Comment