Ah, witness the annual massive display of hypocrasy. The day after we as a nation sit with our friends and family and give thanks for all that we have, we then go to stores in the wee hours of the next day to try and save money as we acquire more stuff.
I've been dragged to this event before. Darque heads to ToysRus each year to buy his kids their Xmas gifts a month in advance. When I lived with him, he dragged me along. Now, where I went and the year I went(2004), it was a fairly calm affair. Sure we rushed to the Dora display, and there was a mob at electronics trying to score a gameboy ds lite. Darque was among them. Still, people weren't trying to kill each other.
That's what happened in Nassau county, Long Island this past Black Friday. Where hundreds of shoppers literally trampled a man to death in their quest for a deal. Then when the paramedics were called to try and save him, they were shoved and pushed.
I know these are hard times and all. Lots of people needed the Black Friday deals so they could have a nice Christmas, and I understand that. But there is a line between needing something, and willingly disregarding a human life in the quest for a television. That no one stopped to help this man out of the dozens who literally ran over him as if he wasn't there. It just saddens me that humanity can be reduced to this level so easily. It is truly sad.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Black Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment