Over the weekend Long Island, like most of the Northeast part of the country, was "treated" to a massive winter storm that dumped over a foot of snow on us. It literally was the biggest snowfall I've ever seen, and here are some pictures to show you just how much snow fell on our fair town.
Walking in a Winter Wonderland
For a size reference, we've provided a little white fluffy dog.
This is our new dog, an Australian cattle pup my MIL adopted. I'd love to tell you her name, but my MIL hasn't picked one yet. But in classic MIL daily dose of crazy style, she's tried out the very bad Dog names of Sheelah, Tala, and Zonta. The last two are native american names. While I approve of my MIL wanting to include some form of her native american heritage, there is no way that I am calling a dog in that's named Zonta (pronounced "Zone-tah").
If you dig for 15 minutes and find a car....you might be a Long Islander!
Remember when a "Snow day" meant sledding until you were frozen solid, and coming in to Mom's warm Hot Chocolate made with real milk. Now it's shovel until your back breaks, and come in and empty the dishwasher. Hang on to your youth kids...you can never get it back.
I guess we got our White Christmas!

You got off with just over a foot? I woke up to over 2 feet and drifts as high as 5' - 6'! We had to cut our camping trip short because we were afraid of what the roads would be like on Sunday morning. It turned out to be a good call.
ReplyDeleteGlad your neighbor helped you out with the snow blower. I have one too and helped a few of my neighbors as well.
Well, the drifts were frigging huge at you see in the photos, and I didn't measure per say, but I think it was a foot to a foot and a half. I heard sayville and southhold got hit really hard, like 26".
ReplyDeleteI can't say much about Southold, but I can verify Sayville. Just look at the pics in my blog. lol
ReplyDelete